Guardian Wars: The Next Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mastermind has been defeated but his right hand man, Lasser, is still out there and plotting for a way to bring back his master....

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

Female Posts : 1218

Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 22:04

"What are you talking about?" Daburu said, raising a brow, "You don't have any power to influence the Queen and we need those funds to rebuild the land."
Back to top Go down
https://nextedition.canadian-forum.com
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

Female Posts : 1186

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 22:09

Emilia's eyes widened slightly as she remembered that she wasn't herself. "Y-You're right.....that was a foolish statement, i should think before speaking." she said as she began fiddling with her hands.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 22:12

Daburu laughed, "Its alright but if you are that concerned then I will speak of it to the Queen and princess." He said before smiling at her, "You know, that is kinda cute when you fidget like that."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 22:30

"I'm sure at least the princess will listen to you." she told softly, her face heating up when she heard him call her cute. She had never been called cute by a man before so it was a bit odd to her. She forced herself to stop her fidgeting, now slightly embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 22:46

Daburu chuckled more before the crowd started to hoot and holler as a young little girl came up to a platform with a harp, "Another reason why I like coming here...listen to her words." He said as he pointed to the little redhaired girl with violet eyes. She wore a cute green dress but no shoes. Everyone was suddenly very quiet as the girl played a few soft notes before singing...

I know the day is long and hard
I've worked a thousand hours and never got too far
I can see that things won't change just yet
But I will have the strength to wish for the best....

Because I am stronger when I need to be
To fight when I need to be free
Though my heart still loves you all
You can't keep me down in the dirt for too long

I'll work a thousand hours more
If it will keep you from going to death'd door
Please don't knock to leave me behind
The war is over and all is fine

But if I stand can you stand too
This isn't the effort of a separate two
You took up the sword so now take my hand
Can you guide me through the shadows of the land?

But I've never asked for you to be
A monster that never let me be
I want to fly and see the world
But know that I will always be....

Your special little girl

A few more notes were plucked and then the crowd cheered the girl who beamed at them, "That was beautiful, Ivory!"
"You are such an angel!"
"Play another tune, Ivory!"
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 22:52

Emilia was in awe at the girl's voice, she had never heard a voice so beautiful. When the girl was done Emilia began clapping. "That was beautiful. Her words were so.........truthful." she said softly as she stared at the girl.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 22:58

"Her name is Ivory and she is a Guardian of Sound which is very rare." Daburu explained before looking suddenly sad, "But...she is very ill, healers can't do anything and she doesn't have that much longer to live." He explained as the young girl started to sing again.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 23:10

It broke Emilia's heart to hear what the girl was going through. "That poor child. Yet she still can smile." she frowned feeling like going and hugging the girl. "I shouldn't stay here too long though...." she muttered to herself as she listened to the girl.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 23:15

The girl finished the song and stood up, "I also want to say Happy 60th Birthday to Larno and Happy 20th Anniversary to Ella and Yor." She said as she waved good bye but spoted Daburu who waved. She beamed and ran over to him, giggling and hugging, "Oh Daburu-san! You made it, I thought you were busy tonight!"
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 23:24

Emilia stayed silent as when the girl came over and talked to Daburu, it made her smile that the girl was still so happy. She didn't want to ruin the girl's happiness by distracting her from her companion.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 23:32

"Oh I am so sorry, I didn't see you!" Exclaimed Ivory who couldn't be no more then a year or two younger then Emilia. Her rich red locks bounced as she bowed her head many times, "I am Ivory!"
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 23:47

She smiled softly, "Oh it'a pleasure to meet you Miss. Ivory. I'm Emi.....Emma." she stood and bowed to the girl. "You have a wonderful voice."
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 23:55

"Thank you so much!" said the girl happily. "Ivory, how have you been feeling?" Daburu asked and Ivory turned back to him. "I haven't been too bad, a bit tired." Daburu frowned, "B-But only because I had to work a double shift! I owed about 200 gold of taxes and I am almost done paying it off. I actually have to run because I need to go pay." She said and waved as she left, leaving Daburu to sigh, "Ya know, she is like a sister to me which makes me glad sometimes I was an only child...."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 23:59

"She.....has to pay taxes as well?" Emilia questioned as she watched the girl rush off. She was mad that even children had taxes, yes the kingdom was bad off but that was no excuse. She would definatly be talking to her mother about this when she got back to the castle. "I'm glad you have a sibling such as her, even if she isn't your real sibling.....i am an only child as well."
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 00:07

Daburu smiled before getting up, "Its getting late. I need to train some more tomorrow so I bid you good night." He took Emma's hand and placed a soft kiss on it, "I hope we meet again. Be safe." And then he left as he waved good bye.

Blood...there was so much blood. If he found out who did this to her, he was going to kill them, "Stay in there, ok?" he said as he rushed to the castle, hoping that the princess was awake. Daburu had been walking home when he heard a noise and saw a group of men robbing Ivory. They hurt her so badly, it scared him. "Please, Flrow, not again...don't do this to me again...." He arrived at the princess room, "Princess, Chrono, someone. I have a very urgent request." He said loud enough for them to hear him.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 01:13

Emilia blushed lightly when he kissed her hand. He would never know who she truly was.

Emilia had just gotten back to the castle and was thankfully back in one of her dresses by the time Daburu knocked on her door. She opened it and when she saw who he was carrying her eyes widened. "What happened?" she questioned, then shook her head. "Come with me, we'll go see the healer. Hurry" she said as she passed him, rushing to the castle healer.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 01:15

Daburu nodded, "She was robbed, all her money is gone. I don't know what else happened but she was broke when I found her." He said, holding the young girl close to him, "Please...princess, can you save her?" He said as he followed.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 11:59

Emilia was silent for a moment. "I am not able to promise......but our healer is great and she will do her best...." she said softly as she rushed down the hall, defiantly not keeping the grace and demure that a princess should have. She threw the door open, and rushed to the healer that looked like she was cleaning up. "We have an emergency."
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 12:08

"This girl has been hurt while she was being robbed." Daburu explained, the young red head shivered lightly in his arms, "D-Daburu?" came a meek voice.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 12:16

The healer was silent and took the girl from Daburu, and took her to a back room where she could work on the girl in silence. Emilia was silent, if the kingdom didn't have such high taxes, then the girl wouldn't have had so much gold on her and she wouldn't have gotten attacked. "Damn it..." she muttered, she usually never cursed but she was furious that she couldn't help her people.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 12:22

"I am sure she will be ok...injury wise at least." There was still her illness, Ivory never told anyone about it but she told Daburu...he wondered, "Her illness...its a disease that attacks the tissues in her body which causes them to die. If it attacks any vital organs then she will die but she could never afford the operation to remove the source of the disease."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 12:25

Emilia was silent again before looking over at him. "Well, now she won't have to. I will not let such an innocence die." she told. "what healer had she gone to? How much was the operation?" she questioned.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 12:30

"She went to every healer in Oylinda but she can't travel outside of the land since she was always too scared. I am not too sure how much it costs though but I went to her most recent one and they said that she wouldn't be able to survive the operation anyways." Daburu said, "But I know she can but they just won't listen."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 17:10

"I see." she said softly as she stared at the door. "Once the healer comes out i will inform her that the operation needs to take place." She said, her voice stern but sad. "Then she will be healed......and she can continue to sing." Emilia said the last part under her breath, hoping he wouldn't hear her.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 18:49

Daburu smiled at Emilia, "I am enternally grateful for your help, Princess." He said, bowing again. He was too, he was glad that Ivory was finally going to get some help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways   Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirt Paths Lead Different Ways
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next