Guardian Wars: The Next Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mastermind has been defeated but his right hand man, Lasser, is still out there and plotting for a way to bring back his master....

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sisters and Brothers

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

Female Posts : 1186

Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 01:57

Arlitha rolled her eyes at his reaction to the ointment and to his question. After she finished dabbing the ointment onto the wounds she sat the bottle down so she could respond. "Why would I? Then they would want a needless battle against someone who could kill them with a bat of an eye. I am not going to let them do something so foolish." She looked more like a leader than she had before, it was in her nature to protect them. "Personally I believe that the senseless war between our clans is pointless, after all we could split territories or arrange a negotiation. Unfortunately things aren't so simple." Then she picked up the gauze and began to wrap his wounds carefully, hoping none of the other girls would walk in on this conversation.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

Female Posts : 1218

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 02:02

Jack smiled, "Glad to hear that you agree. Maybe we could work something out seeings how we are both the leaders." Jack made sure to sit still and straight as she covered the wounds. Jack kinda felt bad for bringing the puppet so close to her home, he should have scanned the area first. "Maybe I can do something in return for your generous help...you like food?" Having to live alone for most of his life, Jack HAD to learn to cook or he would have starved which he hated the feeling of. Jack smiled almost childlike which he normally didn't do outside the Tower, "My treat?"
Back to top Go down
https://nextedition.canadian-forum.com
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 02:08

Arlitha smiled a bit and gave a small nod. It was a minute longer before she was done wrapping his wounds and after she went and put away the supplies. "That would be great, the fighting is getting us no where. Hopefully my girls will be as cooperative." she kept a mostly blank face, just out of habbit.

His other question made her nod once more. "We can discuss our truce over food, that always helps negotiations." she was happy that she wasn't going to lose anymore of her girls due to a petty territory fued.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 02:13

Jack nodded as he stood up but didn't bother to put on the bloody shirt, "And my clan would be happy to follow." Jack grinned, "Besides, us Guardians made our oath to protect people. What kind of Guardian would I be if I killed innocent people?" It was a little stiff to move but Jack managed, he rotated his shoulders a bit, "So where can I cook?" He already knew what he was going to make too. It was a traditional Yura stew.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 02:22

Arlitha gestured for Jack to follow her. She lead him out of the room and down the hall to the kitchen. There were several girls playing in the halls but whenever Jack neared them, they would get quiet and back away as if they were scared of him.

Pushing the door open Arlitha lead him into the rather small kitchen where another girl looked like she was trying to decide what to make for dinner. The elder girl clapped to get the attention of the girl and with just a look the other knew that she was free of cooking duty. Arlitha turned to Jack. "It's all yours."
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 12:07

Jack was use to the reaction and if Arlitha knew about him, he had no doubt the others knew too. No matter where he went, he was still seen as something he wish he wasn't.

The Devil's Shadow...

Mastermind's son....

But it was these people he was fighting for, it nearly killed him and yet they were still scared of him. He imagined Heather, they were expecting a child in eight months. Baina refused to tell him if it was a boy or girl...he hoped it was a boy, he would worry too much if it was a girl. Yet no one knew about that, they still saw him as a monster....

Jack blinked when Arlitha clapped to get the other girl's attention before she left. Jack started to get to work, getting out potatoes and carrots. Not many people remember how to make the Yura's traditional stew (called Nova's Stew) but some shops sold it. Its eaten every Winter Festival in Yura's kingdom but the people in town couldn't afford the herbs to make it. Luckily, they had the herbs. He started to peel and cut the potatoes, he didn't smile as he prepared the veggies, he didn't feel like it. He was too much lost in remember....

"Get away from us!"

"Yeah! You're nothing but trouble! You bad omen!"

"Thief!"

"Cheat!"

"You are not a Guardian! You're scum!"

You destroyed everything I had...nothing can change their minds about who I am...either I am your damn son or I am a thief...I hated that life but what was I suppose to do? I didn't want to die...I was scared but I wanted to help the people you hurt...now they hate me, even after I became a Guardian...But I will bear it for them, though the bitter end, even if they kick and scream at me.

I will still fight for them....

Jack finished the potatoes and carrots then set them aside. They had some chicken already cooked so it was going to take less time. He started to boil a pot of water and added the herbs and veggies.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 12:30

Arlitha sat on a table and watched him, it was odd that he seemed so.....sad. The teen didn't try and get his attention though, if he wanted to speak to her about it then he would. Soon she was joined by the little blonde girl who had come to Arlitha earlier. The little girl stared at Jack for a long time and saw his sadness, she was smartfor one so small. Before Arlitha could stop her, the girl ran over to Jack and wrapped her arms around his middle. "It's okay Mister. Don't be sad. People no be sad, it isn't fun." she said, her voice seemed so sad for him as if she were about to cry.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 12:41

Jack stopped suddenly while cutting the chicken, a bit shocked when a girl hugged him from behind. Her distorted tone...she sounded like she was going to cry. Jack closed his eyes for a moment, he thought of his family and friends. Even if the world turned their backs on him, he still had them. They were his home and he would die for them if it meant they would be safe.

Jack looked over his shoulder to the little girl before beaming at her, "It's alright, I am fine now. I'm almost done the food so why don't you go get ready and if you get everyone else ready." He fully turned to her and crouched down, "I'll give ya an extra helping." He told her as he winked and placed a hand on her head, "You remind me so much of a friend of mine, I hope you grow up strong like her." He stood up and went back to cutting the chicken. He had no time to dwell on the dark....

He had to be strong for them...
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 12:54

The girl pulled away and beamed up at him, glad to see that he was happy. "Course i'm gonna be strong! I'm gonna be the best Sister ever! I'm gonna grow up like Arli-ne and be the leader of the Sisters!" she told before skipping over to Arlitha and sitting on the table next to her. "I'm gonna take my vows next month and become an actual sister!" she told, the excitement laced in her tiny voice. Arlitha stared down at her sadly, she had tried to talk the girl out of it, tried to convince her to wait until she was older but the girl was determined.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 20:39

Jack put the chicken in the pot before stirring, "Now all we need to do is to wait for the chicken to heat up and then Nova's Stew can get dished up." Jack said before sitting at the table, resting an elbow on it and leaning on his cheek, "I just want you to know that my side will have no arguments in sharing territories, whatever happened in the past is the past and you have my word as a Guardian and the Leader of the Shadow Thief Clan that we are no longer at war." Jack said with a calm smile, "Also I have sensed that you and some of the others have elemental power. Even if you don't want to be a Guardian, I can have Baina allow your people to still come to the Tower so you can be taught control. Think of it as my...peace offering." He chuckled a bit before leaning back in the chair, a sudden serious face appeared, "but if you harm my friends or clan, our treaty is broken and we are at war again. The same goes for my clan. If they attack any of your sisters then you have the right to break the agreement."

Jack checked the stew again and smiled, "Ok the food is done. Arlitha can help me dish this stuff up while you wash up." He was always able to change his demeanor in a blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 22:25

Suddenly the door slammed open and a short tall boy walked in, he was in only his boxers and didn't seem to care that he was almost nude. An eye patch covered his right eye and a chain was pierced to his lip and connected to his left ear. When he saw Jack he stopped and glared. "Who is this?" he questioned. He didn't trust strangers around his little sister.

The little girl jumped off of the table, beaming at the boy. "Misha!" Her wide smile showed off her fangs as she ran over to him.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 22:56

"I am Jack and I made all of you a traditional Yura stew as a thanks for Arlitha saving my bacon." Jack said as he crossed his arms over his chest, "I am not a danger if thats what you are wondering." He rolled his vibrant green eyes. "What? You think I am gonna sleep with her? Too young and already taken." Jack stood up and got enough bowls for everyone (except himself). He began to serve the stew, "Also Arlitha and I have just ended the feud between the Silent Sisters and the Shadow Thief Clan." Jack's back was to the boy as he spoke. He picked up one of the bowls and turned to hand it to him, smiling a little, "So eat up."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 23:22

Misha stared down at his younger sister who smiled and nodded, Arlitha jumped off of the table to go help Jack. The boy still looked suspicious though. "Oh Mister Jack, i'm Ame!" the little girl exclaimed. "I'm going to be 532 in the last season and that's my big brother Misha, he looks like a girl but he really is a boy." the girl told cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 23:27

Jack sweatdropped, "Er...I can tell he is a boy...." Jack then laughed a bit as he grabbed another bowl to put at the table, "Call the other girls so I can announce the good news." Jack said. After he did he planned on leaving, Jack couldn't stay for long for a very good reason. The very reason why he had been up in guard every since Arlitha brought him to her home, he could feel the sickening power....

Lasser was looking for him....
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09 2013, 23:54

Ame tilted her head and smiled, "Okay!" she exclaimed before running off to get the other girls. Misha sighed as he watched the girl run away. Arlitha gave Jack a sheepish smile and signed a quick sorry, telling him how Misha was protective of Ame. Misha watched her with an interested red eye, he liked watching her. (he sounds like a creep. btw he kinda likes Arlitha)
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 00:00

"I have siblings so I know what its like." Jack waved off before noticing Misha's look. He figured it wasn't only Ame he was looking out for. Jack chuckled then grinned, "Soon, your family will grow bigger then before and the sisters will never have to live in fear." Jack said before looking out of a window, "I promise I will help protect your family..."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 00:17

Misha was silent for a moment. "I'll go help Ame get the girls." he said before leaving the room quickly, also planning to get some more clothing on. Arlitha's sheepish look turned into one of pure happiness. "Thank you Jack, i'm sure the girls will see that the feud needs to stop and then they will gladly help you in whatever way we can. Even Misha."
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 00:28

"I just want to mend things up." Jack said softly as he looked at the rainy world outside the house. "There is so much pain in this world and I just want to stop it...you know...I am not married to her...but I have a love in my life." Jack said, his face dull, "We are expecting a kid but I don't know if its going to be a boy or girl...and I want them to grow up happy and not to get hurt. I want to watch them grow up without the pain I had to go through...but at times I just don't know what to do." He closed his eyes, feeling the swell of dark power rising in the air. No one else would be able to sense its sickly feeling, but Jack could. He now knew that Lasser knew where he was and was coming after him.

Lasser wouldn't even care if he had to kill the sisters to get to him...he was putting everyone in danger and if he didn't leave soon, they were going to die.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 00:41

Arlitha nodded, she understood what he was talking about. Where she had never loved any one person, she knew the feeling of wanting something better for someone. "Things will mend, it just might take a little longer than we wish." she signed as a few of the girls began trickling in.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 01:25

Jack smirked, his eyes still closed, "Yes...the better for another...such a selfless act." Jack stood up suddenly but slowly, his back to the girls, "I'm sorry...but I must leave..." He turned to Arlitha and smiled at her but...it was a sad smile (though very well hidden), "There..." He started but didn't continue, it would only panic, "I hope you enjoy a little taste of home...from here on in, the Silent Sisters and the Shadow Thief Clan are allies...we are family...." He didn't wait for any reactions, he strode to where his things were and quickly put on his Shadow Clan outfit. He looked at his dagger before gripping it, "And family protects family...." He then opened a window before quietly jumping out and heading off in the rain to where he could feel Lasser.

Much later....

Jack stopped and looked around, he was right there yet he wasn't. Jack could see him at all, "Lasser, you want me so come out." Jack took his dagger and threw it a few feet away from him, making it stick into the ground, "I don't have any weapons...."
"Oh but its that power you have, dear little Jack." said the sniviling voice of the bug-eyed freak but it was coming from everywhere. "How did you know I was coming?"
"I could sense you a mile away, you toad...."
"No matter you and that pesky little girls club will die." That only made Jack angry, the leather glove creaked as he clenched his fist.
"Your fight is with me, they haven't done anything to you. Leave them alone."
"Such big words coming from the son of a bastard!" The ground started to shake before a large stone puppet rose from the ground, "So die as your father had!" A stony fist went for Jack but he flipped out of the way, "Shadow shot!" A ball of liqid fire, black as the depths of darkness, shot stright at the puppet but only managed to knock it back a few steps. Jack then slammed his hands on the ground, "Holy pillar!" A large pillar of fire made out of light shot up from the ground where the puppet was standing, it was very bright and hot which burned Jack slightly but he would of been dead if he didn't do that 1st attack. Smoke surrounded the area and Jack went to get his dagger but something knocked him out of the way, sending him flying and crashing. He just managed to dodge the light puppet. Even though Jack had the Shadow Element, it was useless against a Light puppet.

He needed his dagger!

The puppet went for him again but Jack rolled and got to his dagger, blocking an attack with in just in time. It was fast and almost floated on its feet but Jack was able to match its speed hit for hit. They traded punches and slashes but none landed a hit. It was almost an hour and Jack could feel his body beginning to protest every move. He panted as both skidded away from each other. Lasser laughed.

"Tired, little Jack?" Jack glared at the puppet, "I cannot beleive that this is what the great Mastermind left behind, a weak accuse for a son...then again, it was probably your mother's fault."
"Shut up! You have no right to speak of her!" Jack was angry which was scary. The ground trembled with the sheer force of his power, he wasn't a Master of Light and Shadows for nothing. "I am stronger then he is and I will stop you like I did with him! I am not his son!"
"Oh but you are and you always will be...you have his very eyes at this moment." Both Lasser and the puppet laughed. Jack couldn't take it, Lasser really pissed him off but threatening to kill innocent children, mocking his mother....

A dark aura encircled him as a ring of shadows and light gathered and formed, You could no longer see the vibrant green eyes that laughed and smiled, instead they were pitch black. The puppet rushed to Jack but Jack raised a hand and shot a ball of shadow at it. It tore through the puppet like butter. Suddenly more light puppets showed up but no matter how many he sent after Jack, he beat them all. "You don't have a family, everyone is afraid of you. You are a monster, a cheat, a bad omen." Jack tried to ignore the words but..."I will be doing the world a favor to get rid of you." Jack exerted the ring around him, it killed all the puppets around him. The aura was gone and he changed back to normal but Jack used up all of his power. He had none left and it was taking all his strength to stay standing but finally, Jack was glaring straight at Lasser. "Leave them alone...."
"No...in fact, I think I will start now." Jack had a face of shock as he heard something behind him move. A lightning puppet was heading straight for someone that he couldn't see at 1st but rushed over to save her. It would have killed her, there was no way to kill a lightning puppet unless you extingish or freeze its power.

Just before it reached her, Jack slid in front with his arms spread to protect her as the puppet thrusted its claw into Jack, he gasped but still held on. Jack grabbed its arm before rushing raw energy into it which caused it to burst. Jack panted, still fighting to stay awake, "Are you ok....Arlitha?"
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 02:29

When Jack left it made Arlitha suspicious, she gave a look to Misha and let him know that she was going to follow him. She stripped off her outer dress and gave it to the blonde male before she jumped out the window and following him.

She ran quickly to catch up with him, pulling the metal balls out of their pouches. She was able to tell that something was up so she obviously followed him. When she reached where he was she saw his dagger on the ground she began to sneak up to grab it, not noticing the attacking puppet until Jack was in front of her saving her from death.

Her red eyes widened as she heard his question, if she could she would have yelled at him, cursed even. She quickly ripped the balls into metal and grabbed with the metal, using her lightning to negate the puppet's. She quickly flung it away from him, making sure to grab onto him so he wouldn't hit the ground. She made sure to pull her metal back before she set him down. Standing up she glared at her opponent her red eyes flaring. She was not going to stand for someone hurting a member of her family.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 02:41

"You are as foolish as he is, but you saved him even knowing who he was." Lasser laughed, "How sickening!" Three giant rock puppets came up from the ground, "I will kill you and anyone else who gets in my way!" Jack turned his head to Arlitha, "Arlitha...kick is ass...for me...." He couldn't hold on as his mind slipped into darkness. The puppets then charged at her, lunging their large fists at her.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 03:06

Arlitha nodded and flipped sideways, flinging her ropes out as she flipped and making one of her ropes latch onto the nearest puppet and making the other rope latch onto a nearby tree. As she swung she dragged the puppet with her, shooting her lighting through the metal before flipping it over her shoulder and slamming it onto the ground.

She threw a third rope towards another puppet before she dropped to the ground and shot her lightening through the rope and flung that one towards the third one. She quickly wrapped the rope she had been using on the tree to wrap the two puppets, frying them before slamming them onto the puppet that she had thrown away earlier.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 10:31

"What?!" Lasser said, obviously not expecting Arlitha to be so quick. With Jack, he knew his weakness but her...he would have to watch her more carefully but for another time. He gritted his teeth, "I won't forget this!" He said as he started to go away but stopped and turned around, making a puppet come up from under Jack before sinking back into the ground. Jack cried out as he landed on his old wound, making it open again. The poured down heavily and Jack struggled to get up but couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10 2013, 12:13

The girl glared at him, she went to shoot her rope at him to drag him back so she could interrogate him. That's when she heard Jack cry out, turning around she rushed over to him. Cursing in her mind she ran over to him and bent down. She gave him a look, telling him that she was going to pick him up and that it would probably. Using her ropes she picked him up as gently as she could and got him on her back so he would be easier to carry. They needed to get him to a real doctor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sisters and Brothers   Sisters and Brothers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sisters and Brothers
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next