Guardian Wars: The Next Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mastermind has been defeated but his right hand man, Lasser, is still out there and plotting for a way to bring back his master....

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Black Ice Song

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

Female Posts : 1218

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 00:20

Whispers in a thousand ears,
Yet none of them are hear,
The shadows have a hundred eyes,
But none of them can see,

A heart that feels nothing,
But the cold and raging sea,
I have a heart as black as ice,
For there is nothing left for me....

The breeze was interesting, as it was every morning in the particular spot he stood in. It was always near the same house at the same hour, a coolness in the wind as if it came from the Land of Ice yet there he stood, in Nervanda, the hottest place in the Star Realm, feeling an ice cold breeze on his finger tips.

Eric stood there in the heat, wearing a black, sleeveless tunic and brown pants which made his slightly tanned skin stand out. His dark brown hair stuck to his slick forehead though he didn't mind the heat. His chocolate brown eyes stared interested at his fingers, trying to figure where the coldness was coming from. 

It must be from an Elementalist but with there being others about, it was hard to tell where it was coming from. He tucked one hand in his pocket as he looked around at the people, trying to figure out who it was.
Back to top Go down
https://nextedition.canadian-forum.com
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

Female Posts : 1186

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 00:27

Gwyneira sat in her room panicking. She had taken off her gloves to try and figure out how to control her ice and it had taken a turn for the worst. Her whole room was covered in ice. She could hear her mother and father pounding on the door as she tried to stop the ice. She hurried to put her gloves back on, just as her father broke through the ice on the door. He seemed furious, and it scared Gwyn even though she was an adult.

"I'm sorry father!" she whispered backing away from him. The man glared at her. "You're a monster. I don't know how a child of mine could be curse such as you are." he spat at her and left the room. He was to scared to strike her....scared she would freeze him.

Gwyn couldn't help but hold her legs close to herself as she lay on the floor, praying for her hands to stop spouting the evil that made her what she was. "Why can't i control it?" she questioned, frustrated and exasperated with herself.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 00:41

Eric's attention snapped to the window that was above him, across a high wall but the doors were closed so he was unable to see. His eyes narrowed at the window before slowly turning to it. He could hear their words as clear as day, thanks to his mastery over sound waves, but really didn't like what he heard. Eric scoffed, "Even after all these years, those idiots still think its a damn curse." He mumbled to himself before walking to the stairs that lead up to the wall.

Eric reached the top and lined himself up to the window though it was still out of reach, he wanted to know for sure where the cold breeze that he enjoyed every afternoon was coming from. Maybe he could thank them, maybe than they would see that what they had wasn't bad at all. He knew that some people where still scared of his "kind", but really, it wasn't the power that made the person, it was what that person did with their power that made them.

So Eric did what he thought was the best course of action...he jumped and landed on the window sill.

What took him by surprise was the fact that the whole room was covered in thick layers of ice, when they were in the middle of the hottest place in all the Star Realm. He was crouched on the window sill, his arms resting on his thighs as his hands drapped over the sides. His chocolate brown eyes scanned the room in fascination until they landed on the source of its exsitance which was a young woman with snowy white hair. He blinked at her a few times before sighing, "Thank Flarow I didn't jump in when you were naked...on second thought..."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 00:47

Gwyn's head snapped up the second she heard his voice. She hadn't realized that her window hadn't been locked. Thoughts were racing rapidly through her minds and you could see the fear in her light blue eyes. She scrambled up and stared at him as she slowly backed as far away from the window as she could. "Get out." she ordered. Her gloves had been damaged by the ice so they weren't any help in holding her powers back, especially when she got emotional. Another layer of ice began creeping up the wall from where she was standing. She was terrified, and this was the first time she had ever spoken to someone other than her mother and father.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 00:54

Eric scoffed at the woman, obviously needing serious training since by her age, most people know the basics of Elemental control, "If you think you can hurt me with ice than I would gladly inform you that you are wrong." He said in a soft tone, he saw how she looked at him. It was with fear but not a fear of him but a fear for him, as if she was trying not to hurt him, "Just take deep breaths and relax your mind. You might not be able to completely clear the ice but you can at least stop the spreading." Eric said as he raised a brow. His eyes never left hers, she seemed a year or so younger than him but he couldn't really tell...though it was probably best not to ask right now.

His eyes breifly looked around the room again, "So you are the reason the air is colder around this area?" He said though he wasn't asking, he was stating a fact, "I have to thank you for it...its nice to cool off without having to journey to the Oasis."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 00:59

Gwyn wasn't used to someone speaking to her in such a way. She was used to the screaming of her mother and father....or the anger of her own mind. "Please go." she begged. "No one is supposed to be here." She was still scared...of herself. She tried to do as he told, she tried relaxing but after so many years the fear and tension refused to leave.

"I didn't mean to make it so cold." she quickly responded, her voice softer. "I never wanted to be able to do this."
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:05

Eric quickly dismissed her, "Please, it saved me months of trouble. You have any idea how hot it gets here?" He said before scoffing again, "And why exactly have you had no training? I mean, sure, training is done by Guardians but that doesn't mean you become one...don't tell me you are one of those people who think its a damn curse." He said, almost growled before resting the side of his head on a fist, "Geez, I didn't fight in a freaking war just to have people still be stuck in the past...." 

His eyes went to her again, studying her a little more closely, "....I am Eric....."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:09

"......It may as well be a curse." she said back, her voice soft and hesitant. She hated her abilities and the attention her parents gave her because of it. She had spent so many days wondering what would have happened if she hadn't been born an elemental.

She was silent again, calming a bit but she still had her guard up. "....Gwyneira." she responded. "Why are you here?" she asked, wanting to know exactly why he was in her room.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:15

"Were you not listening? Its damn well hot outside and I need to cool off." He said her before jumping off the sill and landing on the ice. He knew how to walk on ice because after the Fourth Guardian War, he travelled around for a while before settling in Nervanda. His breath froze slightly as he ran a hand through his thick head of hair, "If I stay out in the heat any longer, I will get a head ache. Damn richer bastards think they own the damn Oasis...."
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:18

When he jumped into the room she visibly flinched and the ice that had slowed in growth began again. She refused to take her eyes off of him. She was to worried about the possibilities. "Well you're cooled off, now leave." she said curtly, hoping he would go away.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:23

"Flarow, you are both rude and deaf...." He growled at her, before looking around the room and then down to his feet. Eric stuffed his hands into his pockets and everything was silent for a moment for, litterally, there was no sound. It was the outside had vanished and than the most weirdest thing happened.

The ice that was below Eric began to crack, softly. Jagged lines webbed over the icy surface around Eric but didn't spread too far. It only cracked but continued to crack more and more and more until it was nothing more than dust which Eric just swiped away with his foot.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:27

Gwyn's eyes widened as she saw what was going on and quite frankly she was starting to question his reasons for being there. "Please just leave. I want to be alone." she tried to persuade him as she began backing away from him, slowly but she was still doing it. She was trying to make a bigger distance between the two.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:33

Eric looked back up to the woman, a bit surprised that she was that scared of him. No, not of him, it was for him, why? He didn't exactly know, it wasn't like she could harm him in any way. No, he was just scaring her just being there. Slowly, Eric with drew his hands from his pockets and held them up, "Fine, if you rather be alone, I have no problem with that." He said, rolling his eyes, "Its not going to stop me from enjoying the breeze though." Eric said with a shrug, "I guess my curiosity got the best of me...." He said before going back to the window but turned to her again, "It was...interesting meeting you, Gwyn...just remember to do that breathing thing I told you...." And with that, he left...it was lunch time after all.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:38

"Gwyn?" she questioned the nickname after he had left. She had only ever been called her full name, so it was odd to hear it shortened. She stared at the window for a moment before carefully walking over to it, her feet not even feeling the cold of the ice she had created. "........" she couldn't figure out what that male had been up to, but she was a bit curious if he would come back. A part of her wanted him to, and another half wanted to hide away in her room.

A banging on the door signaled her father telling her to get her food.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:45

"Peas are good." Mumbled the sandy blonde haired woman in the kitchen as she was tossing things together in what was suppose to be a salad. She was short for her age and there were streaks of gray that laid in her hair though her skin was smooth yet pale. She wore a sleeveless white dress and a gray apron. She picked up the bowl and turned around, muttering things to herself of things needing to be done, "Hunny! Is she coming down to pick up her food or are you bringing it?" She called out to her husband as she went to the steps of the staircase.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:49

The male glared at his wife. "She's coming to get it. That monster deserves to come get her own things. We aren't her slaves." He said curtly. Right as he said that, the white haired female timidly walked into the room, she had changed her gloves, ones that weren't covered in ice.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 01:55

His wife seemed to ignore him and she quickly hurried over to her daughter, "Ah, there you are. Eat this, a lady in the market said that green foods can help surpress the evil spirits." Her mother said as she shoved the bowl full of green veggies into her daughter's hands, "Get a glass of water and try and not to freeze it this time. When you are done, wash your dishes and maybe read a nice book." Her mother said in a rush before shooing her daughter back into her room but took a glance at the ice filled room and sighed. She was about to say something when something on the floor caught her eye, "Why is it that one spot isn't covered?" It was where Eric had broke the ice to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:03

Gwyn took the bowl from her mother with a nod. "Yes mother." she said, walking over to grab a glass. She was slow with her actions, she didn't want anything to freeze this time. As she was filling the glass with water she heard her mother's question and the water and glass froze in an instant. "I....didn't notice. Maybe the heat got to it...." she said softly, her voice scared.

Hearing his wife, Gwyn's father stormed to her room and saw the single spot in the room that wasn't frozen and it was just enough to throw him over the edge. "The spirits have taken her, she's a lieing demon child!" he shouted as he glared at his daughter.

Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:10

Her mother frowned at Gwyn, "You are playing around with your ice again, you evil child. How could you do this to your own family?" She said, resting her hands on her husband, "After all that we have done for you and you let those nasty, evil thing inside you." Her mother sniffled slightly, "Is there no hope for you, child?"
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:13

Gwyn's eyes filled with sorrow and fear. "....i wasn't trying to mother. I c-can't control it." she tried to reason but Gwyn knew they didn't care. Her father was a prime example. "Get back in there you foul creature. How dare you show your face in here after that!" he shouted, wrapping an arm around his wife to comfort her.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:22

"Oh what are we to do with her? It is only becoming worse." She said wearily as she held onto her husband. Little did the couple know that a certain Sound Guardian had over heard the whole thing and he wasn't happy to hear it at all. He frowned as he shoved his hands into his pockets, "I should have known it was the parents...." He said, it sickened him that the mother, of all people, was so sickly twisted towards her own flesh and blood. That girl was being fed lies and Eric knew that if it continued, it would end up killing her mentally.

He quickly looked around before starting to walk away, not wanting to hear anymore but also wanting to see how Gwyn was after that whole deal. He went back up to the wall top but this time landed on a lower roof top near her window. He made sure he wasn't seen as he crept close enough to see inside her room.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:26

Gwyn had returned to the frozen prison of her room in silence. The second the door closed a flurry of ice rushed into the room as she let out her breath. Her soul ached as she replayed her mother's words in her head. She didn't know what to do...and she truly felt like a monster in human flesh.

Frustrated, she ran a hand through her white hair trying to keep herself from breaking. She stuck her hands out in front of her. "Conceal. Don't feel." she whispered as she glared at her hands. "Fight it...Come on Gwyneira." she pleaded with herself. The ice seemed to get stronger with that and she left out a strangled sob as she almost cowered in the corner of her room, not even bothering to get on her bed.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:35

Eric frowned sadly, it was unfair for her parents to treat her so harshly just because of what she couldn't control. If those idiots would have let her have proper training, than her room problem wouldn't be occuring. He kinda felt bad for breaking a hole in her ice, he guessed he went too far with that. She seemed so alone, like he was, maybe he could help her feel better about herself, even if it was just a little. "Maybe a little present...that won;t break in the cold...." With that idea in mind, Eric jumped off the roof and landed quietly on the ground, setting off to get Gwyn a little present.

It took a while but he finally found something she might like. It was a orb that changed color in different temperatures, it also wouldn't break in the cold since it was made with very thick clear crystal. It was large enough to see but small enough to fit perfectly in his hand, like a ball. He also wrote her a little letter. He quickly went back to where she was and made sure everyone was asleep before landing on her window sill again. Quietly, he crept into her room and located where she was sleeping, he placed the orb in her hand and tucked the letter under it, "Hope you like it..." Eric said quietly before sneaking back out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Luna-chan
Civilian
Luna-chan

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:40

Gwyn slept with a worried look on her face, hardly looking like she was having a good sleep at all. When Eric slipped the orb into her hands she unconsciously clutched it. When she woke she wasn't surprised to see a new layer of ice coating her room, but she was surprised by the strange colorful orb. "W-What?" she questioned as she lifted it to look. That's when she noticed the letter as well. She gently pulled it out from under the orb and began to read it, obviously nervous.
Back to top Go down
K.B.
Admin
K.B.

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song EmptyWed Nov 27 2013, 02:51

This is what it read:

Dear Gwyn,

If you don't know who this is, this is Eric,ya know, the guy who randomly jumped into your window? I am sorry if I scared you or disturbed you but damnit woman, you were so stubborn! Anyways, I still thank you for the cold breeze, its rather nice. I hear what your parents said, they are rude to say that about you. You aren't possessed by evil spirits, thats bullshit. You just need proper training in how to control your element, thats all. The Spirits give you that power so that you can help people, there is a lot of good you can do with Ice, seriously. I know this guy who has it and he is a Master Ice Guardian, like the real deal. He also has white hair but I think his is white for a different reason...I am not too sure but I can just get my brother to ask him.

Anyways, like I was saying, if you had proper control over it, which you can easily be trained on, than you wouldn't be icing your room. I can only tell you so much, I have two elements but neither is ice. I have Sound and Shadows, just like big sis but I use more sound waves, she uses hers through music.

Oh and that orb changes color in the temperature, so stick it on your window sill and than bright it into your room, its so cool. And don't worry, it cannot break in the cold nor if you drop it. Its also fun to play with, I figure you might want something to play with since your stuck in your room all day....

Eric James Deen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Black Ice Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Ice Song   The Black Ice Song Empty

Back to top Go down

The Black Ice Song
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next